This is a recipe that I make often for my family. It’s quick, easy, and delicious! It’s a real breakfast treat for all those tofu lovers out there!
The best thing about this recipe is that you can make it as colorful as you want. I have used a variety of vegetables to cook this including onions, spinach, tomatoes, sweet potato, potatoes, green, red, yellow, and orange peppers, etc.
You can also experiment a little with different spices. If you don’t have a specific seasoning in the recipe, try something that is similar to it. Trust me, it will still be just as delicious!
- 2 blocks of extra firm tofu
- 1 onion
- 1 cup of halved cherry tomatoes
- 3 Tbsp nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp vegetable stock seasoning
- 1 1/2 tsp roasted garlic and peppers seasoning
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp vegetable and herbs seasoning
- 1/2 tsp lemon and herbs seasoning.
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp of maple syrup
- 4 Tbsp tomato sauce
- 1 Tbsp teriyaki sauce
- 1 Tbsp olive oil or coconut oil
- Hand-crush the tofu in a large bowl. Make sure there are no large chunks.
- Add the olive/coconut oil to a pan over medium heat.
- Add your choice of vegetables and sauté until slightly tender.
- Add tofu to the pan and mix with veggies.
- Add all your seasonings, mixing in between each.
- Tofu will be ready when it starts to stick slightly to the bottom of the pan. (About 10 minutes).
- Serve with your choice of fruit and bread.
Tip: Feel free to experiment with this recipe’s seasonings as much as you would like! A large part of vegan cooking is experimenting with flavors.
Feel free to share other flavors that you have tried!