So here it is, my secret to having soft, healthy skin.
Yes, I use aloe vera. My mom has a few plants growing at home and I usually just cut off a leaf for my weekly use. (The leaf will grow back, trust me!)
Today I am going to share with you a DIY face mask that leaves your skin feeling moisturized, hydrated and brightened. If you do not have an aloe vera plant, you can definitely buy some in a bottle from your local pharmacy. Just remember the purer, the better!
You will need 1 banana, 2 tablespoons aloe vera gel, and 3 teaspoons almond oil, and a mixing bowl.
- In the bowl, mash your banana with a fork
- Add the aloe vera gel
- Stir very well
- Add your almond oil
- Mix into a paste
- Wash your face very well before using
- Spread the mask evenly over your face and neck
- Let the mask do its job for 15-20 minutes!
- Rinse thoroughly with lukewarm water
- Rinse with cold water at the end to close and tighten your pores.
- Finish off with your favorite moisturizer.
Doing this a couple times a week has revolutionized my skin. I have even noticed that pimple scars were healing, which makes sense because of the fact that aloe vera has anti-inflammatory properties.
I also add a drop of aloe vera gel to my skin cream after showering. It definitely enhances the effect of the moisturizer and gives an unmistakable glow!
Coming up: Aloe vera can also be added to olive oil and avocado for a super moisturizing hair mask!