Pancakes, what would a Sunday morning family breakfast be like without them? As long as I can remember, pancakes were one of our favorite breakfast options. Topped with sweet fruits of your choice and rich, amber maple syrup, they are simply amazing!
I typically double or triple this recipe since I have such a large family, but you can also do it because they are great to freeze, store and have for a quick to-go breakfast.
- 1 cup whole wheat or all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups soy milk
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup honey (sugar will work just as well)
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Stir all ingredients, except for baking powder, together until smooth.
- Put the pancake skillet on the stove over medium heat.
- Add the baking powder to the mix and stir quickly until no longer seen, but do not over stir.
- Place 1/3 cup portions of batter onto the lightly-buttered, hot skillet.
- They will be ready to flip when the underside is golden-brown, and bubbles appear in the center.
- DO NOT undercook!
- Flip and cook until both sides are golden-brown, turning again if necessary.
- Serve hot with your choice of fruit, vegan whipped cream, syrup, etc.
- Don’t forget to enjoy it!
Tip: Try stacking them on your place, alternating with toppings in between.