For those of you who love roasted vegetables, here’s a treat!
- 6 medium beets, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 1/2 Tbsp olive oil (divided)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp sugar
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, cut into chunks
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp nutritional yeast flakes
- Preheat the oven to 400°
- In a bowl, toss beets in 1/2 Tablespoon of olive oil (coating) and spread/layer on a baking sheet.
- Mix the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, garlic powder, salt, pepper & sugar in a large resealable plastic bag (bowl works as well). Mix well.
- Bake beets for 15 minutes. Then add the sweet potatoes and the spice mixture. Stir well.
- Continue baking last 45 minutes, stirring after 20 minutes until vegetables are tender.
Aluminum foil (used to keep food moist, cook evenly, makes clean-up a lot easier!